July 30, 2007

Torn

Listen as the wind blows
from across the great divide
Voices trapped in yearning
memories trapped in time
The night is my companion
and solitude my guide
Would I spend forever here
and not be satisfied

Am I in heaven here or
am I...
At the crossroads I am standing.

Winter's end
promises of a long lost friend.
Speaks to me of comfort

I’m wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn.

Thank you India
Thank you terror
Thank you disillusionment
Thank you frailty
Thank you consequence
Thank you thank you silence

The moment I let go of it was
The moment I got more than I could handle
The moment I jumped off of it was
The moment I touched down

And I would be the one
to hold you down
kiss you so hard
I'll take your breath away
and after I'd wipe away the tears
Just close your eyes dear

I will remember you
Will you remember me?

Through this world I've stumbled
so many times betrayed,
Trying to find an honest word,
to find the truth enslaved.

But I fear
I have nothing to give.
I have so much to loose here in this lonely place.
Tangled up in our embrace
There's nothing I'd like better than to fall.

Hold on
Hold on to yourself
for this is gonna hurt like hell.

Into this night I wander,
it's morning that I dread,
Another day of knowing of
the path I fear to tread,
Oh into the sea of waking dreams
I follow without pride,
Nothing stands between us here
and I won't be denied.

Hold on
Hold on to yourself.
You know that only time can tell
what is it in me that refuses to believe
this isn't easier than the real thing.

How about me not blaming you for everything
How about me enjoying the moment for once
How about no longer being masochistic
How about remembering your divinity
How about unabashedly bawling my eyes out

Thank you India
Thank you providence
Thank you disillusionment
Thank you nothingness
Thank you clarity
Thank you thank you silence

I’m wide awake and I can see that I am torn.

Weep not for the memory.

This post contains lyrics from Torn by Natalie Imbruglia, Fear, Possession, and Hold On by Sarah McLachlan, and Thank You by Alanis Morrisette.

No comments: